1. Myth: Digital photos are pixilated or fuzzy. Reality: most people that say that have never seen a photo produced by a professional grade digital camera. The quality of modern digital cameras is equal of greater than film cameras.
2. Myth: Digital photos don't last they will fade in a couple of years. Reality: Only the photo capture part is digital. The printing is done using traditional photo paper on the same paper and chemistry used to print film photos. So, both will last the same.
3. Myth: Digital colors are muddy. Reality: Only if they are produced with cheap, low quality cameras and/or the photographer doesn't know how to adjust them and process them for printing
4. Myth: Digital photos are dangerous; the photographer can lose your photos.
Reality: Nowadays most photos are stored using Flash Cards that is one of the most reliable forms of digital storage. After the wedding the photos are downloaded to the computer and additional backups are created on CD or DVD allowing several copies of the same event to reside on different locations. In the case that photos are accidentally deleted they can be recovered using software. With film there is only one copy. It is not uncommon for the photo labs to lose the film, damage it in the printing machine, process it in the wrong chemistry, scratch it, etc. Film also can be damaged in camera, be fogged, damaged by X-rays at the airport, suffer color changes due to heat or age etc.
5. Myth: Digital photos lack detail. Reality: Only if they are produced with cheap, low quality cameras. It is not unusual for us to produce 30x40 inch prints from our professional grade cameras with stunning detail.
6. Myth: Digital is cheaper because there is no film. Reality: Professional grade digital cameras and lens are very expensive. In addition the professional photographer has to invest on computer equipment and software to process the photos.
7. Myth: I got a digital camera that takes great photos now I can start a career as a wedding photographer. Reality: Wedding photography requires that you have artistic talent and that you learn photography including composition, lighting, etc. A wedding is an uncontrolled event that requires technical and artistic skill. It is not the place to learn photography.
8. Myth: I don't have to take care when I take photos anymore I can fix it later in Photoshop or other photo-editing program. Reality: Garbage in and garbage out. There is no fix for badly composed photos, out of focus, bad lighting, etc.
9. Myth: Digital photography is easy now I don't need a professional wedding photographer. Reality: If you trust your wedding memories to somebody who doesn't have the professional skills you are likely to be sorry or disappointed.
10. Myth: I am afraid that the photographer will do weird effects. Reality: the purpose of the editing software is to enhance the quality of the photos. It is not a license to create weird stuff. Talk to your photographer about your expectations.
11. Myth: Digital will never be better than or equal to film. Reality: Digital cameras are equal or better than film in terms of resolution color fidelity etc. and far superior in low light situations. The "film look" can be easily emulated using digital imaging processing techniques.
12. Myth: I got a bigger fancier camera with more megapixels than your so my photos will be better than yours. Reality: Unless you have the technical and artistic skill the camera that you use will have minimal impact on the quality of the photos that you produce. A great camera in the right hands will produce great results. Some of the greatest photos in history were produced using mechanical cameras.
Juan Carlos Torres is a very respected and awarded wedding photographer in Oregon. He has a Masters Degree in Remote Sensing with a strong background in digital image processing and photography. He is a member of the several professional photographer organizations including the Professional Photographers of America, the Professional Photographers of Oregon, the Wedding Photojournalist Association, and the Oregon Wedding Photo Guild. His wedding photographs are unique and very artistic and have been featured in national and international magazines. For a sample of his works please visit portland oregon wedding photographer and eugene oregon wedding photographer For a discussion on wedding photography see our Blog at oregon wedding photographer
Your first thought when you read "Alligator Farm" might be... Read More
Setting up your own photography business it easy, you don't... Read More
A common problem with old photos is that they often... Read More
Wholesale disposable cameras are disposable cameras bought in quantity. Bulk... Read More
That's right, you go through all the trouble of making... Read More
Like many people who've made the switch from film cameras... Read More
Choosing a digital camera can be a daunting task with... Read More
Your lens is an essential element to good photographs. It's... Read More
Before you rush into buying your digital camera this holiday... Read More
Get a good face shot: Use Higher quality cameras at... Read More
When buying a digital camera there are many things you... Read More
If you have hopes of becoming a professional photographer, or... Read More
So you are a small business person or web designer... Read More
Let's start there (but not spend too much time on... Read More
Understanding light is one of the very basic principles of... Read More
If you are in the market to purchase a digital... Read More
The digital camera is not meant only for capturing images... Read More
Looking at the digital camera, a person can visualize it... Read More
Imagine being able to frame all your own photographs just... Read More
Purchasing a digital camera is a wise decision, particularly if... Read More
Early cameras of the 16th and 17th century were able... Read More
About Personalized Photo Calendars:Photo Calendars are 12-month, wall-hanging calendars that... Read More
One of the biggest debates in the photography world is... Read More
It doesn't matter if your emailing photos of your grandson... Read More
Are you having megapixel envy each time you walk by... Read More
There is a wide world of photography. It touches each... Read More
One of the major problems of the larger cities of... Read More
There are lots of options available for getting your digital... Read More
Having an efficient work flow is essential for photographers. In... Read More
Nature is all around us, and its beauties are unlimited.... Read More
Choosing the right digital camera for general use can be... Read More
We all want to make the most of our wedding... Read More
Disposable wedding cameras (also called single-use cameras) will never replace... Read More
The digital camera is in reality a great possession with... Read More
Outlined below is a list of genres that call for... Read More
Understanding light is one of the very basic principles of... Read More
Here are examples of two basic videos you can create... Read More
Anyone with the right camera equipment, and the necessary skills... Read More
Like most folks you have probably have organized and sorted... Read More
There's so much you can do with an underwater video... Read More
There are a large number of top 10 digital camera... Read More
Outdoor photographers shoot year round. That includes the hot summer.... Read More
A digital SLR camera or a single lens reflex (SLR)... Read More
Babies make the best and the worst subjects to photograph.... Read More
Taking pictures of your new baby is a great way... Read More
One of the oldest companies, Olympus has had a long... Read More
1. Pet photos - advertise a Pet Photography business where... Read More
Reality TV is experiencing an upsurge in popularity and its... Read More
Quite often I will have clients bring in old photographs... Read More
Fuji digital cameras entered the market in the late 90's.... Read More