1. Myth: Digital photos are pixilated or fuzzy. Reality: most people that say that have never seen a photo produced by a professional grade digital camera. The quality of modern digital cameras is equal of greater than film cameras.
2. Myth: Digital photos don't last they will fade in a couple of years. Reality: Only the photo capture part is digital. The printing is done using traditional photo paper on the same paper and chemistry used to print film photos. So, both will last the same.
3. Myth: Digital colors are muddy. Reality: Only if they are produced with cheap, low quality cameras and/or the photographer doesn't know how to adjust them and process them for printing
4. Myth: Digital photos are dangerous; the photographer can lose your photos.
Reality: Nowadays most photos are stored using Flash Cards that is one of the most reliable forms of digital storage. After the wedding the photos are downloaded to the computer and additional backups are created on CD or DVD allowing several copies of the same event to reside on different locations. In the case that photos are accidentally deleted they can be recovered using software. With film there is only one copy. It is not uncommon for the photo labs to lose the film, damage it in the printing machine, process it in the wrong chemistry, scratch it, etc. Film also can be damaged in camera, be fogged, damaged by X-rays at the airport, suffer color changes due to heat or age etc.
5. Myth: Digital photos lack detail. Reality: Only if they are produced with cheap, low quality cameras. It is not unusual for us to produce 30x40 inch prints from our professional grade cameras with stunning detail.
6. Myth: Digital is cheaper because there is no film. Reality: Professional grade digital cameras and lens are very expensive. In addition the professional photographer has to invest on computer equipment and software to process the photos.
7. Myth: I got a digital camera that takes great photos now I can start a career as a wedding photographer. Reality: Wedding photography requires that you have artistic talent and that you learn photography including composition, lighting, etc. A wedding is an uncontrolled event that requires technical and artistic skill. It is not the place to learn photography.
8. Myth: I don't have to take care when I take photos anymore I can fix it later in Photoshop or other photo-editing program. Reality: Garbage in and garbage out. There is no fix for badly composed photos, out of focus, bad lighting, etc.
9. Myth: Digital photography is easy now I don't need a professional wedding photographer. Reality: If you trust your wedding memories to somebody who doesn't have the professional skills you are likely to be sorry or disappointed.
10. Myth: I am afraid that the photographer will do weird effects. Reality: the purpose of the editing software is to enhance the quality of the photos. It is not a license to create weird stuff. Talk to your photographer about your expectations.
11. Myth: Digital will never be better than or equal to film. Reality: Digital cameras are equal or better than film in terms of resolution color fidelity etc. and far superior in low light situations. The "film look" can be easily emulated using digital imaging processing techniques.
12. Myth: I got a bigger fancier camera with more megapixels than your so my photos will be better than yours. Reality: Unless you have the technical and artistic skill the camera that you use will have minimal impact on the quality of the photos that you produce. A great camera in the right hands will produce great results. Some of the greatest photos in history were produced using mechanical cameras.
Juan Carlos Torres is a very respected and awarded wedding photographer in Oregon. He has a Masters Degree in Remote Sensing with a strong background in digital image processing and photography. He is a member of the several professional photographer organizations including the Professional Photographers of America, the Professional Photographers of Oregon, the Wedding Photojournalist Association, and the Oregon Wedding Photo Guild. His wedding photographs are unique and very artistic and have been featured in national and international magazines. For a sample of his works please visit portland oregon wedding photographer and eugene oregon wedding photographer For a discussion on wedding photography see our Blog at oregon wedding photographer
There are a large number of digital camera accessories available... Read More
Every device needs a driving force to operate, just as... Read More
I once heard a lady say to a photographer that... Read More
Quite often I will have clients bring in old photographs... Read More
Some compact cameras are small enough to fit in your... Read More
One of the main reasons people buy digital cameras is... Read More
So your picture came out less then perfect. Blemishes or... Read More
Underwater photography's is primarily focused towards entertaining and informing the... Read More
Photos are a great way to share your travel experiences... Read More
Break out that video camera, there is a game this... Read More
What I learned from a mentor that enabled me to... Read More
Reflected Light Readings for Film and Digital ImagesIn order to... Read More
Like most folks you have probably have organized and sorted... Read More
The photos you took of the party are really great... Read More
Every Mom wants to take great photos of their babies... Read More
At a Photo Club meeting I attended recently, the President... Read More
Gone are the days when you would need to employ... Read More
Your lens is an essential element to good photographs. It's... Read More
In a traditional camera, the lens was king. If the... Read More
Composition is defined as the combining of distinct parts or... Read More
The digital camera is not meant only for capturing images... Read More
HP has started making digital cameras only recently. However, the... Read More
In the age of home phones and 8x10's we all... Read More
Choosing the right digital camera for general use can be... Read More
There are way too many tape, disk and stick formats... Read More
Think about Laurel and Hardy for a moment, or Charlie... Read More
Knowing which megapixel camera to buy can be intimidating. There... Read More
Elephants in the Sky[1980s, Lee Evens in Mali, Timbuktu/Africa]Advance: Lee... Read More
Getting the most out of your digital video camera can... Read More
Night photographs express a special something that cannot be seen... Read More
Some of the best images can be captured during the... Read More
Underwater digital cameras are fun and easy to use under... Read More
Did you know that in many cases digital photos are... Read More
Even though Nikon entered the camera world by 1948, today... Read More
The photos you took of the party are really great... Read More
Your first thought when you read "Alligator Farm" might be... Read More
Before you rush into buying your digital camera this holiday... Read More
Remember the good old photography days?Film camera in hand, you... Read More
The digital camera is not something of a magic box... Read More
There is a wide world of photography. It touches each... Read More
These parameters are discussed at 2 levels: -Based on... Read More
1. Myth: Digital photos are pixilated or fuzzy. Reality: most... Read More
Ordinary photos of dull subjects do actually sell, but the... Read More
Anyone with the right camera equipment, and the necessary skills... Read More
Babies make the best and the worst subjects to photograph.... Read More
ContentEven if you feel that you already know what kind... Read More
There are major obstacles to overcome to get into nude... Read More
A picture is worth a thousand words, so goes a... Read More
Digital Single Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras are excellent cameras that... Read More
Last month we bought the Canon Powershot A80 online for... Read More