It's not necessary to go to church in order to get saved and therefore go to heaven, but going to church still has very important benefits that can help improve your life and keep it in order.
Below are 13 reasons why we should attend church services on a regular basis.
1. Because it is an act of obedience to God and it honors the Lord's Day. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy (Ex. 20:8).
2. Because we need to belong to a community of faith that includes our brothers and sisters in Christ who are trying to live out the gospel just like we are.
3. Because we will benefit from being taught and led in worship by others, rather than always depnding on ourselves to read and study the bible.
4. Because we need regular reminders of our standing in Christ, help in acknowledging and confessing our sins, and teaching about God's truth.
5. Because we need help in praying, tithing and fasting.
6. Because we need help to face the issues of life and faith as presented through the teachings of the Bible.
7. Because we need to hear how believers in the past struggled, grew and lived out their faith from different perspectives.
8. Because we need to hear about the experiences of other contemporary believers.
9. Because we need to hear reminders of God's love.
10. Because we need an alternative to the constant messages of a culture that ignores God.
11. Because we need to experience artistic and creative expressions of the faith, such as music, praying, fasting and tithing.
12. Because believers need help to reflect on the past week and see it as a small part of the journey of life.
13. Because we need a conscious break from work, family problems, and self interests in order to concentrate on the Lord.
In brief summary, the strategies and shcemes of the devil are well thought out and proven to work better than the marketing strategies of rich corporations like microsoft.
Therefore, we need other people we can count on to help us make it threw tough times when they arise.
Our chances of finding people we can count on in church are far better than finding someone we can count on anywhere else in the world.
Plus, going up against these strategies with out proper guidance will lead to unnecessary mistakes being made on our part.
In conclusion, going to church while also doing our own personal bible study at home on a regular basis helps us to get confirmation of God's message and what He wants us to do with our lives.
David Hopkins is a "Christian Article Writer" who specializes in helping people remember to glorify God in everything that they do, so they don't miss out on any of His wonderful blessings.
Visit Daily Word Of God Group to read additional articles and to sign-up for a free newsletter to learn everything you need to know about why you should be putting God #1 in your life.
Hi,(Salaam to You: Peace be Upon you) (What a great... Read More
Jeremiah 14:14-14:14. What is Deceit? The intentional misleading or beguiling... Read More
The prisoners of Sing Sing, one of the most repressive,... Read More
This next event will be a major one! The Bible... Read More
Most people wonder at one time or another where do... Read More
(Parental discretion advised)Please forgive me if you find any part... Read More
This article was in response to an email about someone... Read More
The world that we live in today is in imminent... Read More
It seems to me that some of the oldest still... Read More
The dictionary explains strength as being endurance, force, bravery, spirit... Read More
As the Chritmas season approaches, I figured it's a good... Read More
These next set of verses are the heart and soul... Read More
- 147.5 million Americans claim affiliation with a religious group-... Read More
This passage begins (2:1-4) with a call to unity that... Read More
One point many Christian Working Moms who have been interviewed... Read More
As believers, we have a responsibility to care for those... Read More
Amos was summoned by God to warn the Northern Kingdom... Read More
The Coming World War III [with Russia]In my book, "The... Read More
As I was doing my studies, the Lord put something... Read More
Using a good tool over and over doesn't make it... Read More
All of the various denominations of professing Christians may be... Read More
Although I've never met Supreme Court nominee John Roberts, I... Read More
Dear Readers, I received a letter this week that is... Read More
Jesus knew He would be abandonedOn the night He was... Read More
Today, sitting in my pink armchair, reading about how a... Read More
The study of evolution puts into perspective our relative insignificant... Read More
I am not discussing here whether cloning is evil. [I... Read More
American Preachers Are At The Forefront Of The Travesties Committed... Read More
Revelation 19:7 states, "Let us rejoice and give honor unto... Read More
The Harry Potter book has just been released in the... Read More
This will be last and final event of the Great... Read More
The human evolution timeline is found recorded in Bible quotes... Read More
'Showers of Wisdom' is taught by JiGong, the Heavenly teacher... Read More
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much... Read More
I was meditating the other day and contemplating the thousands... Read More
True freedom of religion must include an individuals right to... Read More
I am with you heart and mind..."Do all that you... Read More
As you will see in the Scripture verses I will... Read More
Most of know how Jesus was crucified. Do we ever... Read More
Over the last few months hundreds of thousands of people... Read More
What in the world could I have possibly learned about... Read More
From the late 1970's through the 1980's, my wife and... Read More
It is written in Proverbs 14:2 There is a way... Read More
Being in the Ministry for a few years now, I've... Read More
Figure out which Christian Leader goes with which description ?A.... Read More
Per the miscellaneous signs listed in my previous article, Jesus... Read More
Dr. Robins' observations are beyond mere intuition, they include an... Read More
Are we doing what the word of God say to... Read More
This next event will be a major one! The Bible... Read More
A friend of mine had asked my thoughts on how... Read More