It's not necessary to go to church in order to get saved and therefore go to heaven, but going to church still has very important benefits that can help improve your life and keep it in order.
Below are 13 reasons why we should attend church services on a regular basis.
1. Because it is an act of obedience to God and it honors the Lord's Day. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy (Ex. 20:8).
2. Because we need to belong to a community of faith that includes our brothers and sisters in Christ who are trying to live out the gospel just like we are.
3. Because we will benefit from being taught and led in worship by others, rather than always depnding on ourselves to read and study the bible.
4. Because we need regular reminders of our standing in Christ, help in acknowledging and confessing our sins, and teaching about God's truth.
5. Because we need help in praying, tithing and fasting.
6. Because we need help to face the issues of life and faith as presented through the teachings of the Bible.
7. Because we need to hear how believers in the past struggled, grew and lived out their faith from different perspectives.
8. Because we need to hear about the experiences of other contemporary believers.
9. Because we need to hear reminders of God's love.
10. Because we need an alternative to the constant messages of a culture that ignores God.
11. Because we need to experience artistic and creative expressions of the faith, such as music, praying, fasting and tithing.
12. Because believers need help to reflect on the past week and see it as a small part of the journey of life.
13. Because we need a conscious break from work, family problems, and self interests in order to concentrate on the Lord.
In brief summary, the strategies and shcemes of the devil are well thought out and proven to work better than the marketing strategies of rich corporations like microsoft.
Therefore, we need other people we can count on to help us make it threw tough times when they arise.
Our chances of finding people we can count on in church are far better than finding someone we can count on anywhere else in the world.
Plus, going up against these strategies with out proper guidance will lead to unnecessary mistakes being made on our part.
In conclusion, going to church while also doing our own personal bible study at home on a regular basis helps us to get confirmation of God's message and what He wants us to do with our lives.
David Hopkins is a "Christian Article Writer" who specializes in helping people remember to glorify God in everything that they do, so they don't miss out on any of His wonderful blessings.
Visit Daily Word Of God Group to read additional articles and to sign-up for a free newsletter to learn everything you need to know about why you should be putting God #1 in your life.
"Therefore I do not run like a man... Read More
Are we doing what the word of God say to... Read More
This month a court in Burlington, Kentucky issued the largest... Read More
"Your focus determines your reality", this famous line was spoken... Read More
I know you want to kill me, and I wish... Read More
Let's be honest: Too many Christian books are nothing but... Read More
Over the last few months hundreds of thousands of people... Read More
These next 3 articles are going to be extremely HARD... Read More
Many Christians often wonder, "How should we pray?"I'm going to... Read More
One day on the listserve for my support group it... Read More
Figure out which Christian Leader goes with which description ?A.... Read More
We are soon to celebrate once again the National Holiday... Read More
Daniel 2:44-11:35To begin with, what is prophecy? It's the study... Read More
It was a cool August night during the Summer before... Read More
The Coming World War III [with Russia]In my book, "The... Read More
Acts 5:1-5:10 Sex, Lies and Videotape Part 2. Lies. What... Read More
Real nobility feeds on its own intrinsic value, as a... Read More
Please read the passage carefully and note all the pejorative... Read More
Now that I am saved, what do I do next?... Read More
Last time I wrote a message on Islam, a Catholic... Read More
Revelation 20:12 makes a powerful claim: "And I saw the... Read More
And the matter of who is doing the abusing is... Read More
Jesus tells a story - a powerful story - that... Read More
The Emmaus Journal Strangers In A Strange LandDo you often... Read More
As a deist, Thomas Jefferson may have thought God was... Read More
Some people say beauty is only skin deep, others say... Read More
1 Corinthians 9:19-9:23From The Heart A Look at Christianity from... Read More
What if excavators uncovering ancient Jericho found the following journal?Monday:... Read More
Exposing Hidden SinFor nothing is secret that shall not be... Read More
The Sun god, Mithras, was the most widely worshipped deity... Read More
The Right of Passage. by Rev. Anthony SmithIsaiah 64:6-64:6 In... Read More
Much confusion surrounds the person of one "Melchizedek" found in... Read More
Romans 7:8-7:25. The Christian today has become a people without... Read More
We have been learning to think Biblically and speak Scripturally... Read More
The dictionary explains wisdom as having good judgement, understanding, comprehension... Read More
The modern historical era of liberal theology basically encompass four... Read More
I want to say a word about faith. Recent events... Read More
Actually he was more appropriately called a Cynic, but that... Read More
The Emmaus Journal What Kingdom Are You Looking For?The awe... Read More
Underneath the Hebrew and Chaldee of the Old Testament and... Read More
PREFACE TO UNDERSTANDING APOSTASY AND DECEPTIONIn the "last days" the... Read More
The Rapture. Part 2.Revelation 3:10-22:19So far we see in looking... Read More
The human being is endowed with ability. We have the... Read More
"I also say to you that you are Peter, and... Read More
- 147.5 million Americans claim affiliation with a religious group-... Read More
For it is written in Proverbs 1:7 it says The... Read More
In this first verse, God says He will allow all... Read More
America has had its great share of renowned preachers, missionaries... Read More
William Jennings Bryan said: "Christians desire that their children shall... Read More
Salmon Rushdie may have been the first to flee the... Read More